If you have been a long time supporter or a first time runner/walker of the Wolf Lake Trail Run, you will enjoy and appreciate the long held traditions of this event. The traditional mugs for division awards, the great baked items, one mile hike, the welcoming Bong Naturalist Association Volunteers and beauty of Bong State Recreational has been and will be the tradition.
We are also excited to introduce new aspects this year. This year we are adding to the fun with our first “Chili Bong Cook Off”, craft beer and craft soda, there will be two different distances (estimated at this point) to chose from 4.2 miles (runners & walkers) and 7.8 miles (runners only). The 7.8 miles will be two loops, which will make this a more spectator-friendly course and the start and finish will be in the beach area. There will be division awards for both the 4.2 mile and 7.8 mile runs.
This event supports the mission of the Bong Naturalist Association by enhancing the educational and overall experience that visitors have while visiting Bong.
17th Annual Wolf Lake Trail Run
7.8m Run • 4.2m Run or Walk • 1m Hike
Sunday, September 25, 2016
Start time: 10:30 am
Richard Bong State Recreation Area
Race begins and ends at the beach
Race Coordinator: Tracy 262-206-9017 or e-mail:
- Free park admission for the day
- Raffle tickets $1.00 each or 6 for $5.00
- Home Made Bakery provided by Volunteers
- Chili, soda and beer (21 and older)
- 100% of the race proceeds will go to benefit the building of a “Nature Explore Classroom” at Richard Bong State Recreation Area. The one-acre outdoor classroom is the first of its kind within the Wisconsin State Parks System offering an educational, nature exploration area for children of all ages and abilities.
- New run/hike distance options
- New family pricing