Promoting Wellness Through a Healthy Lifestyle
BNA offers an exciting and healthy program for the entire month of April. It’s called Spring into Fitness and is a fitness challenge for family, friends or co-workers looking to choose a healthier lifestyle.
- To promote a healthy lifestyle
- To challenge yourself to make positive changes
- To meet others who share a commitment to personal wellness
- To enjoy and raise funds for Richard Bong State Recreation Area
Here’s How it Works
The Richard Bong staff will help motivate you and your team members with daily, weekly, monthly and special events. You will receive a tally sheet and a calendar of events with a list of independent and guided activities. Your team must submit weekly tally sheets. Results will be posted weekly.
The Fitness Challenge
- Set goals for yourself or your team.
- Points will be given for healthy changes in three areas:
- Stress Reduction
- Your registration packet will give you a detailed list of suggested activities. Check out these samples:
- Take a bike ride
- Avoid fast food all day
- Prepare a vegetarian meal
- Enjoy smaller portions
- Park at the end of parking lots
- Hike the eight-mile Red Trail
- Participate in physical activity
- Give yoga a try
Eligibility and Entry
Teams of 2-4 participants (family, friends, co-workers), or individuals $10 per person.