There are six picnic shelters available, five with electricity and large grills, all with accessible tables and paths.
All shelters may be reserved starting in January. If a shelter is being used for a large party, reduced rate stickers may be purchased ahead of time to be handed out to your party. Amplified music, additional tents or structures may be allowed with permission of the park manager.
- Shelter #1 is located closest to the Vistior Center and next to the Amphitheater. It is partially enclosed. The electricity has been upgraded in Shelter #1.
- Shelter #2 is located near the Visitor Center and close to the pet picnic area, a volleyball court and the Urban Fishing Pond. Ample parking available.
- Shelter #3 is the largest and most popular shelter, very near the beach. A volleyball court is near, as is water and the electricity has been upgraded.
- Shelter #4 is right near the entrance to the beach area and immediately next to the lake but it is a short walk to the beach. There is a volleyball court here.
- The Shelter at Parking Lot E is an enclosed one and is very often reserved for special events thus unavailable.
- The last Shelter is at the Vista Picnic Area and has a small grill, pit toilets and a hand pump with no electricity.
Other Rentals Available
- Amphitheater • Capacity: 175 •Accessible •No electricity •Vault and flush toilets •Available May to October •Reservation fee: $10 per hour
Please be aware that most shelters host nesting barn swallows. They are protected species and eat a multitude of insects so are a valuable part of the park ecosytem. If their droppings are an issue, there should be plenty of room to move tables and your activities.
Reservations may be made up to 11 months in advance of your event. For all reservations, use the Facility Rental Reservation Form [PDF] if submitting in person or by mail. Reservations may also be made via telephone. If calling in a reservation, be ready to provide the information requested on the form. Vehicle admission stickers are required at the shelter areas. For more information, please contact the property office. See also Shelter Reservation Rules.