Support Our Local Friends Group
There are more than 65 state park Friends Groups formed to provide volunteer help and to raise funds for individual state parks, forests, trails and recreation areas. A statewide organization, Friends of Wisconsin State Parks, was founded in 1996 to provide support for local Friends Groups.
The Friends Group for Richard Bong State Recreation Area is called the Bong Naturalist Association. If you enjoy the park, consider becoming a member. Individual membership is $10.00/year, Family is $20.00/year, Protector is $50.00/year, Patron is $100.00/year, Steward is $250.00/year and Benefactor is $500.00/year.
Fill out our membership form and start enjoying the benefits !
With membership you will receive The Heron (a quarterly newsletter), discounts on merchandise, invitations to members-only events and reserved spots in certain programs. We encourage you to give back to the park by volunteering for special events, helping with school groups, building exhibits, hosting at the nature center, participating in wildlife surveys and a myriad of other ways. The Friend’s Group has accomplished several impressive endeavors, some of which include:
- Contributing to the building of a playground
- Receiving grants to install interpretive signs and for prairie restoration
- Completing a beautiful Solarium addition to the Visitor Center and an ongoing exhibit renovation
- Fundraising for and building of an observation platform overlooking the refuge
- Completing a storage shed
- Staffing the Visitor Center on weekends
Ask the Visitor Center or Entrance Station how you can join the Friends Group today!