The Bong Naturalist Association is a group of volunteers promoting conservation, education and recreation at Richard Bong State Recreation Area.
It is with heavy hearts we announce the 21st annual Wolf Lake Trail Run has been canceled due to Covid-19 complications. Please keep enjoying and supporting the park and why not keep (or start!) training for next year. September 25, 2021. We are also looking into a possible virtual run for next year. Thanks to all our runners, walkers and especially those 2020 sponsors:
Kenosha Area Convention and Visitors Bureau
All Wisconsin state park system properties are operating 6 a.m. to 11 p.m. seven days a week. Some high-use properties are subject to capacity closures and you could be denied entry. For more information: https://dnr.wi.gov/topic/Lands/apip/capacity.aspx
Buildings, Entrance Stations, Observation Towers and Play Areas remain closed. Some parks with drive up entrance stations are now open for window service. Some self-registration fee boxes are now open as well.
A park sticker is required to visit state parks and trails.
To Buy an Annual Sticker remotely:
- Call 888-305-0398 before 4 p.m. OR go to https://yourpassnow.com/ParkPass/wi 24 hours/day
- Have a credit card and pen ready
- $28 (or $13 if 65 or older) for WI plates $38 for out of state plates. Reduced rates for second vehicles in same household.
- Sticker(s) will be mailed to you, they expire December 31, 2020
- Until sticker arrives, print the receipt and display on your dashboard while in a park OR write the confirmation/order id and date on a piece of paper and display on dashboard while in a park
Most restrooms at most state parks are now open. Some remote water fountains may still be closed in the day use areas.
Beaches are open except Big Foot State Park beach remains closed. Beaches are subject to capacity closures.
Campgrounds are available by reservation only, day of arrival up to 11 months in advance go to: https://wisconsin.goingtocamp.com/ Or call 888-947-2757
Group campsites, special events, shelter and amphitheater reservations for groups under 50 individuals are now open.
All naturalist programs are canceled through December 31, 2020.
Please be respectful and safe so the park can remain open.
- Carry out all garbage, pet waste and recycling
- Don’t trespass, make sure the area you are accessing is open to the public
- Bring your own sanitizer and water
- Only recreate with members of your household
- Don’t pick native plants or remove any animals from the park
- If you see violations, please report them
- If you are not from Wisconsin and your state has a stay at home order, please do not leave your state