Skip to content
The Bong Naturalist Association is a group of volunteers promoting conservation, education and recreation at Richard Bong State Recreation Area.
Time spent in nature has a positive effect on mental well-being, physical fitness, and boosts immune system function, so we strongly encourage the public to continue to use Richard Bong State Recreation Area. All of Wisconsin State Parks, Forests and Trails are open and entrance fees are waived.
Due to the Safer at Home ruling and with the safety of our community, staff, and volunteers in mind please keep the following in mind:
- Try to use a park as close to home as possible.
- Buildings are closed except for the vault restroom at the beach.
- All towers and playgrounds are closed.
- All public events are canceled until further notice.
- All campgrounds are closed through April 30, 2020.
- No new camping reservations will be taken for the dates prior to June 1, 2020.
- Visitors are reminded to practice proper personal hygiene and to limit group sizes to under ten people.
- DNR parks, law enforcement and property staff will monitor phones and the park, to answer questions and to ensure everyone’s safety and well-being.
- Please remember the park has a carry-in, carry-out policy. Please take out everything you brought in, including bags of dog droppings.
The Bong Naturalist Association, like all small organizations, is affected by a loss of income and donations during this time. Please consider making a donation or becoming a member to help us bridge the gap. Thank you for your support!